Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Funness!

So how about this beautiful weather??? I am loving it. I feel like I'm a girl again. Something about the cold weather knocks the tomboy out of me and makes me want to put on blush and a cute scarf. I even wore heels yesterday--I probably wasn't all that graceful, but I loved it:)

So here is my list of great fun things:

1. As stated before, the slowly declining temperature and cute, weather appropriate, girly clothing.

2.  Wonderful deals! I found a thrift store here that has a whole entire corner of their store dedicated to gently used, name brand clothing....oh my goodness gracious....I spent way too much time and a little too much money there. Most of the people here, when I mentioned it to them, didn't even know what store I was talking about. What a hidden treasure:)

3. Not this weekend, but the next, Elisa, Meg, Jodie, and Nat (hopefully, I haven't heard the final word on her) are coming to visit, and I am so completely excited!

4. I got to sing this past week with two guys here @Wake Forest. It was so fun! I have really missed getting to be involved with music here, so that was great to have an opportunity. It was weird though, because I have never sang in a non worship setting (minus that one time at the Hub benefiting the DR trip). I didn't really know how to hold myself....how dumb does that sound??? It's true though, I had never thought about that, but it's completely different. All of a sudden you aren't singing to Jesus, you're singing words about being in love and stuff...I wasn't sure what to do with my hands and who to look at....haha

5. As a result of #4, I have music on the brain again. I want to do more with it. I think I might try to pick up the guitar again and give the whole sing-and-play-at-the-same-time thing another try. I want to start writing again too. I miss it. Once again, this seems to be consistently be a seasonal thing! As soon as the weather starts to cool down, I always seem to do more with my music--it's like it becomes a new hobby every year. What does this say about me??? I feel like I am a hobby schizophrenic. What I am interested in always seems to be governed by the season...is that weird?

6. I am coming to Chatt the 1st weekend in November with some girls from Emmaus. Anyone who is nearby should come play:)

3 comments:

  1. haha. i think its ok that you seasonal hobbies. i mean who says you have to enjoy doing something all year? and props on finding the store before anyone else. i most definitly try to be in chatt when you come! whether or not i come to see you will be a game time decision probably. oh work. how you always tease and taunt me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh aimie. you're cracking me up. i think you should start writing again! you're great at it! and WHAT are you coming to chatty for?? so fun!!

    ReplyDelete